Hydroxylammonium chloride is the hydrochloric acid salt of hydroxylamine. Hydroxylamine is a biological intermediate in the nitrification (biological oxidation of ammonia with oxygen into nitrite) and in the anammox (biological oxidation of nitrite and ammonium into dinitrogen gas) which are important in the nitrogen cycle in soil and in wastewater treatment plants.
1. Hydroxylamine hydrochloride is used in organic synthesis for preparation of oximes and hydroxamic acids from carboxylic acids
2. It is also used as a fixative for textile dyes, auxiliary in some dyeing processes, as a metal extraction and flotation aid, as an antioxidant in fatty acids and soaps, and as a color stabilizer and emulsion additive in color films
3. It can be used to remove bromine and polybromide from the solution
4. In surface treatments, Hydroxylamine hydrochloride is used in the preparation of anti-skinning agents, corrosion inhibitors and cleaner additives
5. It is also a starting material for pharmaceuticals and agrochemicals manufacturing