Tartaric acid is a white crystalline organic acid that occurs naturally in many plants, most notably in grapes. Its salt, potassium bitartrate, commonly known as cream of tartar, develops naturally in the process of winemaking. Naturally occurring tartaric acid is chiral, and is a useful raw material in organic chemical synthesis. The naturally occurring form of the acid is dextrotartaric acid or D-(-)-tartaric acid.
1. DL – TARTARIC ACID is widely used as beverages and other food acidifier, similar to the use and citric acid. Combination of tartaric acid and tannin can be used as mordant acid dyes, but also for the photographic industry, and the fixation of certain imaging operations, which have a photosensitive iron salts, it can be used to produce a blueprint
2. DL - Tartaric acid with a variety of metal ions complexation can be used for metal surface cleaning agents and polishing agents
3. Potassium sodium tartrate (Rochelle salt) can be prepared Fehling, but also used in medicine as laxatives and diuretics, but also as a Sims can be fun intermediates
4. The crystal has piezoelectric properties can be used for the electronics industry
5. DL - TARTARIC ACID (CAS NO.147-71-7) is used for chromatographic analysis of reagent and a masking agent. And it also used as split agent for pharmaceutical, food additives, chemical and biological reagents
6. This product is widely used in food industry, such as beer foam, food sour agent, Jiao flavor agent and used in soft drinks, candy, fruit juice, sauces, cold dish, and baking powder and so on. This product is in line with Japanese food additives Kimisada book